Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fun Sketchbooks & Notepads

I love unusual sketch books & note pads & have gathered a small collection of them over the years. The only problem is that I have a bad habit of not wanting to write or sketch in them. I feel as if I am going to ruin them & inevitably, I end up with artist's block when I sit down in front of one. Weird thing is that it only happens with the pretty ones. I feel like I have to save the pretty ones for something special so hence comes the artist's block because I am judging my creation before I even create it. Even so they still inspire me.

Here are some of my favorites...


This is a beautiful little note pad by Punch Studio that Dave found for me. It has gold foil, a gem accent & a magnetic closure...





This is a debossed leather journal made in Italy by Pierre Belvedere. I love the color & the debossed flowers...





This is a beautiful journal by Hartley & Marks Publishers. It is debossed paper designed to look like an old Renaissance embossed leather book. It also has a magnetic closure....




This is one of my favorites that I have had for a long time. It is by Stacie Chaiken & Alexis Genya & published by Crown Publishers. I don't think I will ever sketch or write in this one as it is perfect the way it's designed out....










From left to right:
1. A simple spiral journal -unknown maker...
2. trav•e•logue hand•book by Global Art Materials -has a nice heavyweight paper which will hold up to wet mediums...
3. A soft leather covered journal with parchment style paper by Leelanau Trading Company...



I have actually started working in a couple of them. The spiral is my gardening journal & the leather one is my meditation vision journal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, Marcyanna, you are just like me!! I have a gorgeous selection of journals and sketchbooks which I wont touch because I'm afraid I'll ruin them. I always just sketch in a boring black one, and my husband looks at my empty books and says, "Why do we have these, again?"

:) they make me happy!

Carolyn said...

I do the same thing!

I LOVE the 1st one!