Monday, July 14, 2008

DAM "Spirit of Paint By Numbers" Exhibition Closing



The DAM(Detroit Artist Market) Paint by Numbers Exhibition has finally come to a close. My PBN(Paint by Number) sold for much more than I thought which makes me happy in the knowledge that it will help DAM out even more than I anticipated. It was a really fun exhibition and there were a lot of really great interpretations of the PBN's by many of Detroit's artists. Every artist started out with a PBN blank and could do whatever they wanted with it. You can read more about the exhibition in my original post here: link.
I thought I would share a few photos of the finished pieces... artists are credited above each photo...

Bruce Gerlach


Carl Oxley


Cheryl M Phillips


Chris Crowder


Christine Hagedorn


Darcel Deneau


Diana May


Ed Fella


George Rahme


Gilda Snowden


Jack O Summers


Janet Wisner


Joe Fugate


Mary Clare Duran


Narine Kchikian


Nina Goebel


Peggy Kerwan


Teresa Peterson


Todd Erickson


Many thanks to Dave Chow for the photos.

2 comments:

Third_Chuck_from_the_sun said...

Wow! The pieces look great! Sorry I missed the exhibition- I love the way yours turned out (with the colored sand). Keep it up!

Carolyn said...

wow Marcyanna! I missed your original post on this....HOW COOL! I love seeing the different interpretations! I recognized Carl Oxley... I know of him through Flickr (and he is currently exhibiting at the Pinwheel Bakery in Ferndale).

Congrats on the sale... I would have loved to see it in person but I don't get out much anymore! :c )