Friday, July 11, 2008

Primordial Sounds & Ancient Truths



I have finally updated this mandala. I blogged about it back in March and had stated that I was considering changing the colors and textures. Well, I finally have and here is the final result. Initially it didn't "feel" right and I ended up going through a lot of steps to get it there. I thought I would share some of the steps in my process.


The initial pencil sketch...



The black & white digitized image...



The first round of colored textures...



The first round of effects & refinement of textures...



Another round of color, texture & effects...



The final image...


This mandala is called Primordial Sounds & Ancient Truths. It represents the Throat Chakra and our ability to speak our truth.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Marcyanna! I really like seeing your work in progress... it really helps me to see digital work broken down this way.
I want to thank you for your suggestions regarding iPhoto and PS. I like your approach of saving originals in iPhoto and editing and categorizing in PS. I think I'll start this way and see how it goes.

Carolyn said...

P.S: I added the "Frida with an iPod" to my CafePress store...

:c )

Sandra Evertson said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!
Sandra Evertson