Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Just wanted to share my humble little tree and some cool vintage ornaments that were my grandparents. They are acrylic with a mirrored back. Each one is a different color acrylic with a different figure inside made out of paper, pipe cleaners, brick-a-brack, etc.
I love the style of these ornaments.
The icicle ornaments were made by Mary, a gal I worked with while in college. She made these icicles with simple craft beads and pipe cleaners and sold them to make money to put herself through college. I have since lost track of her but still use her ornaments every year for Christmas and wonder what she is up to. They look so beautiful sparkling in the Christmas lights.
The flower lights are vintage as well. I am definitely a scrounger and like to happen upon stuff as opposed to buying everything to be matchy matchy. It also helps if items have sentimental value as I am truly a mush at heart.
I don't have room for a large tree anymore but luckily I have this little tree courtesy of my brother Chuck. When we were in college he asked me if I would take him to the Hallmark store. It was the year they first released the Loony Tunes ornaments and he wanted to get some. Because he spent over a certain dollar amount he was given a little artificial tree which he turned around and gave to me as a thank you for taking him to the store. It is the perfect size for my house & I always think of my brother when I decorate it.
May you have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
A few weeks ago I was tagged by my friend Jeremy Melton. I have been too busy to post until now so here goes!
1. You must link to the individual who tagged you and post the rules of TAG (which you are currently reading).
2. Post 7 random facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 friends and link to them and
4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving a nice little message on their blog.
1. I collect tiki and Hawaiiana.
2. One of my best friends was my Grammy who passed away 3 years ago.
3. I am a recovering perfectionist.
4. When I was younger, I used to think that if I could experience every walk of life, even for just 5 minutes each, it would help me to be the best artist ever.
5. I like sparkly things but wear very little jewelry.
6. I love plants and have a small jungle in my house.
7. I have always made things.
Friends I am tagging:
1. Carolyn Gallo
2. Little Robot
3. Don Kilpatrick
4. Chris Houghton
5. Andrea Kowch
6. Chef Ann
7. Charles Parzych III