Sunday, June 29, 2008

Button Sweat-Shop Pals



About a month or so ago, I purchased a 1" button maker. It was something Dave & I had been debating for a while & finally decided it needed to be done. He could make buttons... I could make buttons... we could make buttons for other people... etc, etc, etc. So, since it came, I've been having a great time experimenting. There is nothing better to me than seeing a piece of art in a new application. I love figuring out the little details that will make it look perfect. I've told a few friends that I have the button maker & some have requested I make buttons for them. How fun!

My friend Kat Thacker was one of the first that I told. Friday she came over & we had our own "button sweat-shop" session. She was making buttons to pass out at the I-CON (Illustration Conference) which is this week in New York. Kat is a phenomenal illustrator with an incredible eye for detail & we had a great time seeing her buttons come to life. We made over 500 buttons in 6 different designs.

Here are a few pics of the insanity...







Kat is also developing a fabulous line of animated e-cards. You can sign up for her mailing list & see more of her work here link.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute!!!! Now I want a button maker!

Carolyn said...

The buttons are very cute. I have a button maker, though nothing as sophisticated as yours. I have "The AMAZING Button Maker!" (as seen on the cartoon network). It's for ages 8 and up. I have not tried it out yet... how much ya wanna bet I won't be able to figure out how it works?!