Sunday, March 30, 2008

ACEO's... having fun experimenting...

For the last few years I have been working mostly digitally & have done very little drawing or painting. As a result, I have become uncomfortable with the idea of trying to working traditionally again, specifically drawing. (you know... the fear thing...shhh...don't tell anyone...) So, when I heard about ACEO's (Art Cards, Editions & Originals) I became very intrigued & thought I would try my hand at creating some. I have found this to be the perfect way to get back into drawing without having to deal with the intimidation of a large sheet of paper! WOO HOO! The time invested isn't much, so if something doesn't come out right I can just pitch it without getting so frustrated. Another plus to doing them is if I do one I really like I can then spend the time to create it larger! WOO HOO TOO! Anyways... Here they are in various states of completion...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of ACEO addiction! And now that you have one of mine (its in the mail already!!) I will have to have one of yours. I love your mandalas and roses!! So lovely :)

Carolyn said...

Hi Marcyanna!
i've been meaning to write back to you... thanks for your nice comments!
aren't aceo's and atc's great? it's such a great way to play and experiment without intimidation. i haven't created any in a long time but if i do i'll let you know and maybe we can swap...
are you familiar with Flickr? i upload photos and art there... there are some awesome aceo/atc groups on Flickr... inspiration city!
keep in touch!