Monday, April 20, 2009

Something fun on a dreary day...



I haven't had much time since before the holidays to work on my own stuff. I took two classes this semester; Flash Animation and Intro To Web Design. I had to design two websites for my final projects and learned a ton in the process. Eventually I will have my own website up and running on my url. Between work, homework and housework I feel like I have been working myself to death! Anyways...feeling very stressed I have realized that not much fun has been happening around here lately.

This past Friday and Saturday the weather was fabulous. In the 70's and sunny! Woo Hoo! Unfortunately it didn't last and now it is in the 40's and raining. So so dreary! Feeling down and out today, I decided to play with my camera and photoshop. This photo is the result. The butterfly is stained glass and came from a friend's bridal shower. Her grandfather made a bunch of them for her shower as favors for all of the guests. I have it stuck on my dining room window where I can enjoy the sun shining on it. Now that I have created something for myself I feel much better.

Make sure to take time to have some fun and do something special for yourself, especially if you are feeling down!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ooo, I love the butterfly! What a great shower favor, especially that it was handmade!
I love stained glass, I actually took class, have a glass grinder, etc. Every now and then I make a little something. Have you ever tried it?

Sigh... the dreary weather! I hear that this weekend is supposed to be even better than last!

I was meaning to ask you how your class(es) were going. I'd love to learn to animate, but I'll just play it safe and stick with drawing and painting for now1

chefann said...

A little bit of colored glass can really lift your spirits, can't it? Car Guy and I have the glass parrots from Grandma and Grandpa's house on the window in the kitchen.

I've always wanted to take a class on stained glass. My art teacher and English teacher in high school each made small pieces. In fact, the English teacher gave Becky and me each a mirror he framed in colored glass as a graduation present. (I have no idea where that is now.) There's a glass studio on the West side that offers stained glass, glass blowing, and neon classes, but they're too pricey to take for a new hobby.