Monday, May 4, 2009

ARRRRGH! My first blog rant!

Ok... it's official...

I HATE CS3!!!
(At least for Illustrator)

Why Oh Why
do they have to mess with something good? Seriously!!! I have been using Photoshop and Illustrator now for quite a few years. I have gone through many upgrades and changes to the programs but this last version has me flabbergasted!!!

I finally upgraded to CS3 this winter just before I started my classes. It wasn't an issue then because I was mostly using Flash and Dreamweaver, which I didn't have any prior experience in, but now that I am back to doing my work mostly in Illustrator I am having conniptions! The new palettes stink! They changed the color palettes and the way the palettes work in general. I am sure it's to be able to "customize" your workspace easier but it is a bigger pain in the a*s than not with palettes that are open disappearing when you try to open other ones. Also... Where are the general default settings??? Now they have a variety of defaults (nice to have options) but they do NOT get you back to your original color palettes when you mess them up! ARRRGH!!! I am irritated mostly because now I have to spend MORE time with tutorials or with playing with the palettes and menus to understand this new interface instead of learning what new stuff the programs can do! I just don't have this kind of time!

It's just been one of those days! Lots of wasted time trying to figure out THAT which I shouldn't have to figure out AGAIN! I sure hope your day was better!

2 comments:

FAQ said...

I have the CS3 software and have not even used it yet...it looks so intimidating. Never used photoshop either......will someday. hang in there.

jeremy melton said...

Yeah, I dont understand why they feel the need to switch things up either. Change for the sake of change? Sorry.