Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow, Ice and the Winter Blues



It's been hard lately to be motivated. It has been so cold and miserable here that all I want to do is stay curled up under a blanket. Doesn't matter if it is in bed or on the sofa. All that matters is the world is on hold as long as I have that blanket covering me.



Funny thing is I don't usually get the winter blues. It's usually in the fall when the days are getting shorter and the weather cooler that I get down. The signs that signal summer is over are sometimes too much for me to bear. This year though my fall blues were very brief. I guess I am making up for them now. Oh well... they will pass.



Today the sun was shining and it was slightly warmer so I decided to go outside to rake the roof. We have had so much snow that the ice is building up on the gutters and we have some good sized ice dams already. Don't want any damage from water coming in. Had that several years ago and it was a pain to get it fixed as we have plaster walls instead of drywall. There just aren't as many plaster artisans around as there used to be and good ones are even harder to come by. Hopefully I was able to clear the snow quick enough and the ice will melt.

3 comments:

Dallas Shaw said...

going to visit ur etsy now

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oooh, Marcyanna, I hope your winter blues warm up! Its so hard to be motivated when all you want to do is curl under a blanket!

Andrea Kowch said...

Great photos.