Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Blues...

Yes... fall blues since it is not technically winter yet (even though there is more of that white stuff today).

Lately I have been uninspired and unmotivated. Part of it is the way my life has been going and part of it is the time of year. Every year, I can feel myself slowing down as the cold weather approaches. As the days get shorter I also feel the effects of less sunshine. The blueness seems to permeate everything unless I can keep myself occupied enough to forget it. Good thing is that I know it is only temporary. The slowing down also seems to panic me as I know Christmas is just around the corner. There never seems to be enough time to do what I need to do let alone add in the holiday stuff. I just want to curl up in a blanket and snuggle down until it starts to warm up again. Unfortunately I can't do that although when I really think about it I'm not sure I would really want to. I just want the energy and motivation that spring, warm weather, and sunshine bring.

No comments: