Monday, August 9, 2010

Storm Clouds



A few weeks ago we had some good storms roll through our area. Just before they came through I looked out the window and was amazed by the color of everything. It was dusk and everything looked pink... not just your normal dusky pink but an intense pink that was surreal and a bit unnerving. It looked as if there was a pink spot light on everything that was intense enough to make the asphalt pavement look purple.



I went outside and saw these clouds in the sky. As I am sure you are aware, the camera never captures the full color or intensity of what is being photographed but I thought these showed enough of the color to give you an idea of what I experienced. Being trained as a painter and loving color I am always amazed by the intensity of Mother Nature's palette. This was pretty spectacular!

No comments: